Wilkinsons madness.

Don't the Distance Selling Regulations mean that all online stores have to accept returns of the grounds that you don't like it?

Reply to
Andrew May

The DSR means they have to accept returns within 7 working days. Period. You don't have to give a reason.

Reply to
Huge

yes, but not necessarily without some expense on your part, or bad grace on theirs.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Andrew May saying something like:

PP can tell you for definite, but yes; you need give no grounds at all.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We may all be trolls or idiots, but Roland in this case was spot on. They have procedures which enable things to run smoothly without intelligent intervention. Any upset or variation is fraught with consequences.

Reply to
Fredxx

I tried to buy a special at McDonalds once, it included a sausage muffin with egg and I tried to get it without the egg, but no, without the egg it would be the normal price, which was dearer. so I got it with the egg and took the egg out and gave it back.

Reply to
F Murtz

I don't mind that so much for big stuff where I expect a bit of a wait anyway. It'd be a pain for smaller convenience items. Worse still if shops vanish altogether, of course.

Fair enough. But I'd get frustrated if I waited for something to arrive in the mail and then found out that what I didn't like about it was something that I would have immediately known by looking at the physical item (or being able to try it on) - that's a waste of both my time and theirs.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Andrew May wibbled on Thursday 01 April 2010 11:14

Yes, but the clothes catalogues have been doing it forever - since at least the 70's.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Jules Richardson wibbled on Thursday 01 April 2010 14:05

The way to "play" it (though I think it's pretty normal practice, rather than a cunning gaming ploy) is to get a few things you like the look of, maybe in more than one size, on the basis that one will turn out OK and you return the rest. My Mum liked this system. A trip to the Post Office after browsing a 1.5" thick catalogue selection was less grief than going round umpteen shops in the nearest big town (or putting up with the tiny selection in the village), especially as she walked past the PO most days anyway.

Reply to
Tim Watts

well indeed, but is loads better than travelling 10 miles into a town, and these days it is NOT cambridge, because it costs a fortune to park there or hours of fiddling with park and rides, and 6-7 hours of trying every shop, to find that they contain nothing worth buying.

And its a damned sight GREENER too.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sounds just like Canterbury. I made a rare visit there today, but only because of work. And I only live seven miles away...

Reply to
Bob Eager

We used the Wincheap P&R to Canterbury today - good service. But, very little in the way of interesting shops once you get there.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I had a free parking place near the centre just for this morning - hence my visit. I actually wanted something from a fabric shop. Didn't hang around though. The only thing I really like is the chips from the City Fish Bar.

Reply to
Bob Eager