Whistling radiator valve

I have a Combi system which was installed about 18 months ago. Recently the radiator in my bedroom has started to make a noise coming from the valve, it sounds pretty much what it is, i.e. water rushing through a pipe under pressure but occasionally it gets quite a bit louder and starts to whistle. Not loud enough to hear outside the room but certainly loud enough to stop me from sleeping.

Does this indicate a fault with the valve? It it possible to just remove it completely? I never use it anyway.

Reply to
Mark Hewitt

Thermostatic Rad. Valves have a habit of making a high pitched whistling on the transition between open and shut.

Does it go if you change the position of the valve?

Reply to
PeTe33

Why have you got the heating on when you are in bed?

-- Mike W

Reply to
VisionSet

What you mean your heating is *never* on when you're asleep. It must be cold in the mornings at winter in your place!

Rob

Reply to
Rob Summers

It is, but the bills are small.