Which Programmable Room Stat?

I'd also be surprised if ordinary household the insurance stated a minimum temp. Keeping the property frost free is something else and the TP75 when in holiday mode does that rather than always off. Default is 6C I think but can be overridden.

It's not a feature I will use here, to much thermal lag. Did go away one autumn before frosts set in and switched the heating off. Took 3 days for the place to stabilise again. Thick stone walls hold and/or absorb a lot heat.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I've done that too! But when there are lots to choose from, it takes quite a long time to download umpteen pdf files, so I'm hoping - with advice from contributors to this NG - to narrow it down to a shortlist.

Reply to
Set Square

You can set it to any value you like. My only gripe with it is that it rather advertises to any burglar who might break in, just how long the house is likely to be unoccupied.

I once let a fairly modern brick-built house drop to about 10-11C. IIRC, it took well over 24 hours of continuous heating before it even *felt* warm, let alone measured anything reasonable. If I was to bother now (and I often don't), I'd choose something nearer 15C, and have the holiday period end a full day before I was expecting to return.

I have a Danfoss TP75. It does everything the OP wants, apart from the set-any-day-to-one-of-two-profiles feature. I doubt any will do that, though. My only real complaint is the proportional control insists on over-shooting first. It does have a one-button time change facility too, radio clock synching sounds a bit ott.

Reply to
John Laird

The average burglar can't read, let alone work out how to get the remaining period off a programmable thermostat. I know, I went to school with most of them.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Mine does, but not quite what I remembered.

It specifies a maintaining minimum temp of 55F (13C?), however this is when the house is unoccupied. Unoccupied is defined as being un-lived in for over 60 days .(my previous had a similar sort of thing)

Reply to
chris French

In message , chris French writes

I missed the bit about this being unless you drain down the systems and turn off the mains etc.

Reply to
chris French

I think it shows on the display in 3/4" high numbers... Now if that is visible from the outside it is another useful bit of information and one thing burglars don't miss is useful bits of information.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice