Where can I get a non-standard fan belt made?

I need a replacement fan belt (smooth V type) for a cement mixer and it needs to be about 900mm diameter.

I can't seem to locate a manufacturer/supplier via the usual searches, so can anyone recommend one?

cheers

dg

Reply to
dg

Most industrial areas will have a belt and bearing supplier. My local one is J and M belts. They will supply any available belt for anything.

01375 375924

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

forgot to say they also sell linked fan belts which can be made to any length at all, these are suitable for low speed loads

Reply to
mrcheerful

In news: snipped-for-privacy@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com, dg wittered on forthwith;

Clue, fan belt lengths are normally quoted in mm. So, a 900mm belt will normally be something along the lines of a VB900..

Try finding a 2360 mm 6 rib Gates belt at 2am. That's how I know too much about fan belts.

Reply to
Pete M

Width of 'V' is also important.

Reply to
Jerry

RS Components?

Malc

[snip]

But that'll get you a belt 900mm long, not one of 900mm diameter...

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Measure the width of the belt or the width of the vee in the pulleys, at the top. Mark the old belt, and measure it's length. Or the length with a tape around both pulleys, taking into account any adjustment. Then look in Yellow Pages for a Co supplying transmission products, quoting the width and length. That's all they'll need or want to know. Chances are that you'll find a Co reasonably local who can supply a belt the right width and length. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Fenner used to be the major manufacturer of V wedge belts when I last used them; probably a standard size, available from them or someone similar.

Aidan

normal electric portable cement mixers use A24 belts. 24 inch length. whats that in mm? 900? should know as i sell the buggers!. incidentally v belt widths are Z = 10mm A = 13mm B = 15mm C = 17mm

Reply to
starbux