Where can a internal door entry phone be sited?

Hi all,

I live in a Housing Association flat that has a Tynetec Entel 300 system entry phone.

I have been trying to get the internal phone moved from my hallway to the living room, as even with my hearing aids I do not hear it if I have my TV on, I do not have the TV on too loud that's where my hearing aids help!

The contractor is saying there is nowhere in the living room it can go because of interference from my household and computer/TV wiring that would cause problems!

I have contacted the manufacture of the equipment with as yet no reply.

I get a feeling I am being fobbed off?

Can anyone give me an opinion if this would cause problems please?

Mick.

Reply to
Mick.

In article , Mick. scribeth thus

Bullshit. Either they don't want the job or don't know how it works or don't know how to do it..

Yes..

Not at all done several. SRS in park royal are very good at this equipment..

They might be able to help or advise..

Reply to
tony sayer

Agree completely.

Another option might be to add a second sounder in the living room, but keeping the phone where it is. Depends on the design and skill of whoever is doing it.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Hi all,

An update with a good result.

I did check the website link you kindly gave but they did not cover the make of my door entry system "Tynetec".

I phoned their technical advice department and they confirmed that the system was not affected by electric mains wiring no matter how close.

The agent called today, he said to fit another repeater bell.

After I said the Housing Association had confirmed it was to be moved into the living room and that I had contacted "Tynetec", he moved it to where I wanted and all works ok.

Thanks,

Mick.

Reply to
Mick.