Veneer pin (30mm) availability?

Please can anyone point me to a source for 30mm veneer pins?

It is veneer pins (1.0mm dia with an inconspicuous head) that I am after, as against panel pins which are usually 1.6mm dia or moulding pins which rarely state a diameter.

Longest found via web search is 25mm which is too short: 40mm would be a tad too long.

Reason: accurate furniture restoration project: any help greatly appreciated.

TIA

Reply to
jim

Baz

Or

Baz

Reply to
Baz

It's not escutcheon pins you're after is it?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Perhaps these might do?

docholliday

I don't know if they exist or not and don't intend to look for you, but a thought:

Air nailer pins - very thin and certainly available, separate them from the strip and use them as normal. If you only need a couple I will send you some in an envelope.

Tim W

Reply to
Tim W

Nothing over 25mm in veneer pins by the look of it

Reply to
stuart noble

If its historic furniture, presumably 1 1/4" would be the original size, or 32mm.

Lets hope you dont have to make some from 1mm wire.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

I needed something similar once, and I ended up putting long panel pins in the lathe and turning the heads down a bit.

You can also use dressmaking pins, but these are brass and a bit soft to drive into most timber.

Reply to
Andy Dingley