Valiant boiler gremlin

I have a vailant boiler which today when I turn on the hot tap doesn't produce hot water well it does but also runs central heating at the same time taking about 15 minutes to warm up I cannot get it to just do hot water and not heating at the same time Any ideas greatly appreciated

Diverter valve?
Christian.
Christian McArdle wrote:

I'd second that..
BillR wrote:

Which model? and then someone will be able to point you in the right direction.
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk
Sorry model is eco max 800
Andy Milner wrote:

How old is it? Under two years and you can claim on the guarantee. Does this model exercise the diverter on reset like the Turbomaxs?
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk