vaillant ecotec Boiler and VRT360 room stat problem

Hi I have just purchased a new VRT360 digital room stat and have trie

linking it to my ecotec831 boiler but I get nothing on the display.

I have connected it using the old cable for the old thermostat makin sure only the same two cables are connected to the boiler and the sta using the ebus connectors.

Do I need different cable for the ebus? Does anybody have any experience of ebus controls?

I assume the control get's it's power using the ebus connection.

Any help would be gratefull

-- elad

Reply to
elad

All Vaillant boilers (that I have so far seen) are fired for heating by joining Terminals 3 and 4 on the boiler. These are at mains voltage.

It might be that a special Vaillant controller connects elsewhere - but I'm not yet familiar with those types...

OK I've just familiarised myself. Oh sh*t..... The existing cabling probably used 230V the new unit is something electronic. The new unit simply connects directly using a pair to the terminals on the boiler marker 'ebus'.

The instructions say to bridge 3-4 in the boiler. (So it works!).

I hope that you have not fried your RT 360 by applying mains to it. 8-(

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Thanks for the reply The pins 3-4 are still bridged.

I initiallaly forgot about the old timer switch when I first tested th stat so the wiring from the stat was connected to the old timer.

I then removed the old timer and joined only the two cables that woul be ging back to the boiler.

By having it connected to the old timer switch first would this hav sent 230v back to the stat?

should the old stat cable I am using be ok if I've not fried the stat?

Thanks

Ela

-- elad

Reply to