Toilet outlet angle

I have a toilet that I'll be replacing soon. The toilet outlet angles downward that is far as I can measure, about 19/20 degrees from the horizontal. Have toilets trafitionally been made with a standard range of downward angles, say for arguments sake,

20 degrees or 40 degrees as well as horizontal?

The new toilet has a horizontal outlet so I'll need to cut the pipe that emerges through the wall at the same angle as the old toilet outlet. So I'm hoping I can use a standard offset fitting to go on the new toilet, along with a straight adapter to join to the cut pipe.

the pipe that I have to cut is an old thing with a collar. The collar will be cut away so I can get the new close coupled affair close to the wall. What kind of adapter should I be looking for to join the old pipe to the new pipe?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

Don't know about traditionally, but these days it's hard to find anything other than horizontal (P trap). The vertical outlet (S trap) used to be quite common, can't say I have seen many with angled outlets.

Usually the pan connectors have a large finned rubber grommet fitted to the end of them. This is designed to be stuffed down the end of the soil pipe. They usually cope with a pipe of 90 - 110mm diameter.

The link for McAlp[ine fittings that someone posted the other day may help:-

bought one of their regular 90 degree pan connectors from a local plumbers merchant and it came with a little booklet covering the range of other connectors they do - quite impressive it is to!

Reply to
John Rumm

Good stuff, John. Thanks.

Arthur