TINY machine screws?

Hi All,

A mate has given me an external USB hdd enclosure because he accidentally[1] threw away the pack of screw that went with it.

Any idea where I could get some tiny, countersunk machine screws from please?

I guess these would need to be max 2mm long by .5 > 1mm diameter?

They could even be 'glasses' sized so maybe an opticians might have something?

If it all becomes too complicated I could just tape the top and bottom on but I was hoping to give it to a mate as an Xmas present with his

80G drive (he bought the drive thinking the one in his PC was dead but I found it wasn't).

An alternative would be some similar sized self tappers although I think I can see the brassy shine of some tiny inserts in there ;-(

Does someone do a boxed set of such screws maybe, always handy for such moments?

All the best ..

T i m

[1] He found the pack of screws on the floor a while after showing the enclosure to a customer, didn't put 2 and 2 together and threw them in the bin as 'he'd got lots of screws' ... doh ;-(
Reply to
T i m

Robbo

Maplins...I have just done the same trick and had to get some today.Did not want to use self tappers and 'just go in that little bit too far'!!!

Reply to
Grumpy owd man