timer

Anyone have an idea of where I can buy a timer? Once activated, I want it to energise a relay from between 5 to 10 minutes for 10 to 20 seconds.

TIA

Reply to
timegoesby

RS do a variety of them.

type "lighting timer" into the search box.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Chromalock make timers in Coventry. I think the number is 02476 466279

Reply to
Rob

What type of voltage is operating the relay?

I bought two digital plug in the wall timers for £3.99 the pair from a local home&Bargain store near me. Aldi where also selling a similair product before xmas.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I never explained that properly. Once activated, it energises a relay every 5 to 10 minutes (selectable) for 10 to 20 seconds (selectable) and repeats the sequence every 5 to 10 minutes until de-energised.

TIA

Reply to
timegoesby

You still don't say what voltage or whats operating the relay to engergise it? but anyway here's the ones i was on about. Dear in argos as aldis was £4.99

Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

240v and th relay to cope with 3 amp switching.

but anyway here's the ones i was on about. Dear in argos as aldis was

Reply to
timegoesby

settings I assume. It has to maintain its settings if a power outage.

Reply to
timegoesby

They do retain their settings even unplugged, but I guess they are not the type you need as the minimium on/off period is 60 seconds

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

What you need is an 11 pin flip flop relay and base.Basically two timers in one,or you can use two seperate timers.As someone else says Chromalock do them so do various other manufacturers. regards,Mark.

Reply to
mark

It needs to be externally started, by an external 240v supply. When

24v it goes through its sequence. When no 240v it is totally off, with no switch of the relay contacts.
Reply to
timegoesby

OK. In that case, search for multifunction timer. They have those which will fit onto DIN rails (e.g. as in a consumer unit or equivalent small case, or a relay base or just standalone.

You'll also find them listed as "asymmetrical recycler"

For example, and I am sure there are others, 440-9350, would appear to do what you want.

Reply to
Andy Hall

It needs to be externally started, by an external 240v supply. When

24v it goes through its sequence. When no 240v it is totally off, with no switch of the relay contacts.

Have a look for an irrigation timer maybe like these

R obbo

Thanks, I'll ring up Boyce Controls.

Reply to
timegoesby