Time/thermostat control of FCU ?

I've just had a barrage of complaint from HID because I switched off the towel rail in the shower area as with the high temperatures recently the room was like an oven, and then I forgot to switch it back on again when the outside temperature dropped.

The rail is off a switched FCU - is there anything on the market that I can fit that will make my life a little pleasanter to live? That is apart from a memory transplant and at 66 such a boost would have its advantages!

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

You could just add a room thermostat. Need to take Zones into account when positioning. You might want to choose one where the adjustment is preset (hidden inside) rather than being exposed.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Sheesh - wish I had a quid for every time that's happened in my house...

David

Reply to
Lobster

Worth thinking about but it would mean a redecorating task as well as I would have to chase the cable into the wall. The FCU is part of the ring circuit if I remember correctly - need to check on that as it would certainly be easier if it is a spur.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Dave - the furore was such that I feared I was going to have to

**spend** several quid on flowers to pacify her!!! Rob
Reply to
robgraham

You can get timeswitched FCUs eg

alternative would be a run-back timer so you press it when you want the towels dried and it cuts off 2 hours later. Elkay do them, you'd probably need a separate FCU.

Zoning and Part Pee apply to any work done inside the bathroom.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

mounted by the side of the existing switch and connected in series with it?

Reply to
Peter Parry

Hmm - I particularly like the "tamperproof case to prevent unauthorised adjustment" - there should be more thermostats like that...

David

Reply to
Lobster

Thanks guys - enough for me to go on with there. At =A330 odd the timeswitch will in time be cheaper than X bunches of flowers!

Rob

Reply to
robgraham