Tiling Decision: Plywood or Backer Board

Hi
Going to tile over wooden floor boards.
What should I take into account indeciding between a layer of ply or backer board???
Many Thanks

Either way you go, just make sure that the underlay boards don't move. You can get things called Annular Ring Shanked Nails, and many others, that when hammered in, can't pulled out again to easily, so are great for fixing down boards ready for tiling. You'll need to fix the underlay boards at very small intervals with the nails, so buy lots. I know we used over twenty nails on one sheet of 8' X 4' X 1/4'' plywood before our tiler gave the OK.
http://www.doityourself.com/fasteners/nailtypes.htm
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com