The Building Inspector Is Coming

Might be amusing...

The Building Inspector Is Coming

"This Cutting Edge film joins the inspectors as they investigate anonymous tip-offs, uncover dangerous building practices and enforce the law against reluctant homeowners and dodgy builders, even presiding over demolitions if the rules and regulations are persistently ignored. "

Next Episode: Thu 28 May, 9PM on Channel 4

Andrew Gabriel

Not really, but it gives you the chance to post and check your newsreader You should be testing in alt.test not on here.

Reply to
Clive

Don't worry...it's Clive, the resident (unpleasant) troll.

Reply to
Bob Eager

A but grumpy tonight Clive. What's the matter, that great big yellow thing in the sky a bit hot for you today?

Cash

Reply to
Cash

Andrew Gabriel coughed up some electrons that declared:

Should be good.

Will Hugo be starring? :_>

Reply to
Tim S

uk.d-i-y is a fairly broad church and mentioning TV progs which might be of interest to those who DIY is hardly off topic. Such a post to alt.test probably would be, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes, thanks for that Andrew,I'll bookmark it, I don't often watch CH4 so I would have missed it.

Cheers

Don

Reply to
Donwill

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel) saying something like:

"Particularly contentious jobs are passed on to Mark Harding, nicknamed The Sheriff. He tried to join the police force, but failed the entrance test, and now he approaches each case 'in the manner of a criminal investigation'."

Eh? He failed getting in to the cops? Now, oh what a surprise, he acts like a self-appointed copper. I wonder who nicknamed him "The Sheriff"? Perhaps himself, mmm? Perhaps the fellows who have to work with him.

I'll have a look at that to see if he throws his weight about very much.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Somebody using an angle grinder? But what an over abused term, what's cutting edge about another "fly on the wall" docudrama?

Reply to
Harry

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel) saying something like:

I've seen plenty of builders in Trannies, but never seen a Tranny in a builder.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I will now have to watch it on CH 4 Catch Up.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Yes, stepping between those upstairs joists with no floor on them yet, in open toed high heels is a most bizzare sight.

Still watching it on C4+1.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I've got a mate who's a builder. And also a tranny. Looks as a builder should - but s**te as a tranny. But won't be told. Each to their own. I really should stay in more.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So after watching it, why do you think The Sheriff failed the police exam?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "ARWadsworth" saying something like:

I'm sure he set his sights too high - he would have been a shoo-in for British Transport Police.

Grimly Curmudgeon

Note the capitalisation.

Steve Firth

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes that's what I was indicating. Whining about it being "cutting edge" when in fact it is a documentary series named "Cutting Edge" seems lame and pointless.

It's a bit like whining that the TV display for Panorama remained 16:9 rather than being a 360 degree panorama.

Reply to
Steve Firth