surface water drain

Hello All

I have a blocked surface water drain that collects the water from the back of my house and the adjoining terrace. As far as I can work out the drain goes to a soak away, (lift the man hole cover that seems to service the terrace and there is only a disused drain/toilet outlet that leads towards my property running into the main drain, no idea where my toilet drains too?).

If I dig up the drain and find that it does lead to a soak away what are the implications of running the drain into the main sewer?

The property is 1900s ish and as far as I have found out the main sewer might not be my property

Thanks for the advice/comments

Reply to
Nick

The biggie is if the relevant water companies know that you currently don't put surface water into the sewers. They will want to charge you more when you start to do that...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I used to have more drains than manholes, I found that some idiot had covered the man hole over, and put a fence over the top. On discovering this fact, life got a lot simpler. Discovering this fact took a HUGE ammount of effort.

The tale of woe may help you, or maybe you do have a soakaway.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper