sony video

recently we had some electrics done in the house it involved full rewire of the kitchen at the end of the day the bloke told me it was ok to use and turn on any appliances etc then he tripped everthing off since then my video is dead is this just a freak thing or is it due to the power bieng tripped then on again
On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 21:11:57 -0000, "SCAREY-B.HERE-ON-THE.NET"

It is possible either way. Have you checked the fuse in the plug of the VCR?
There also may well be a fuse inside the VCR that has blown.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

How old is the video? My sony died after I unplugged it to paint the livingroom. Refused to switch back on. Repair guy said capacitors in power supply can go after 5 years or so.

It could be a fuse - there will be internal ones as well as the one in the plug, or:- It's fairly common for a capacitor to die in a switch mode power supply when this happens, as in a VCR this is running all the time it's plugged in for the clock and timer etc. It will take a fuse when it fails. A good repair shop should be able to identify and replace it quite cheaply.
--
*Heart attacks... God's revenge for eating his animal friends

the power is turned off and on again. Usually a power supply problem - often just a fuse.