sony video

recently we had some electrics done in the house it involved full rewire of the kitchen at the end of the day the bloke told me it was ok to use and turn on any appliances etc then he tripped everthing off since then my video is dead is this just a freak thing or is it due to the power bieng tripped then on again

Reply to
SCAREY-B.HERE-ON-THE.NET

It is possible either way. Have you checked the fuse in the plug of the VCR?

There also may well be a fuse inside the VCR that has blown.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

How old is the video? My sony died after I unplugged it to paint the livingroom. Refused to switch back on. Repair guy said capacitors in power supply can go after 5 years or so.

Reply to
L Reid

It could be a fuse - there will be internal ones as well as the one in the plug, or:- It's fairly common for a capacitor to die in a switch mode power supply when this happens, as in a VCR this is running all the time it's plugged in for the clock and timer etc. It will take a fuse when it fails. A good repair shop should be able to identify and replace it quite cheaply.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

We often find at work that computers which have worked fine 24x7 fail when the power is turned off and on again. Usually a power supply problem - often just a fuse.

Reply to
TimM