Softening Threadlock

I have assembled an item using Threadlock only to find that a different sequence of assembly would be better. Any suggestions as to how to soften, or better still dissolve, Threadlock? The fixings are small, dome head, Allen screws (

Reply to
Richard

The Medway Handyman

Penetrating fluid. Takes time though - a little topical heat will speed the process.

I'm assuming you've used Loctite 243 ( Lock 'N Seal ), or similar.

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

As most threadlocks are cyanoacrylates, heat as suggested (but don't breathe the fumes), acetone or, day I say it, Superglue remover?

-- Dave H. (The engineer formerly known as Homeless)

"Rules are for the obedience of fools, and the guidance of wise men" - Douglas Bader

Reply to
Dave H.

Excellent.

Will give these and penetrating fluid a go. An example of the device that I am trying to remove the screws from can be seen here (it's the aluminium cradle):

Richard

Reply to
Richard