Sidewinder at top of cylinder

I am connecting an oil-fired boiler and a Rayburn to a hot water cylinder. The boiler is a pumped system through the main heating coil and the Rayburn will connect to a "sidewinder" coil fitted towards the top of the cylinder.

Will the sidewinder only make the top half of the cylinder hot, leaving cold water at the bottom? Should I be trying to add a second cylinder, with a heating coil at the bottom, to ensure enough hot water without running the c/h boiler?

Thanks

Roger Moss

Reply to
Roger Moss

Yes, but there may be other ways of doing so with external heat exchangers. Also, it would be a good idea to find out about Dunsley neutralisers which may do what you need safely and efficiently.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle