Shower unit for basin and sink hot water?

In a flat with no hot water other than a huge immersion heater - but the bath was removed before we arrived. There's a shower unit which is roughly12 foot away from the bathroom hand basin and a futher 12' ish from the kitchen sink in the next room. Would it be feasable to use the shower unit to also feed both sinks? The immersion is proving a waste of electricity to heat water purely to hand wash in the bathroom and do the dishes in the evening - we're boiling the kettle at the moment which also seems expensive. As the cold supply to the shower is in the airing cupboard directly behind the bathroom, as are the hot pipes, the plumbing seems simple enough once the immersion is removed. Any help appreciated.

Reply to
Harry

If it is a standard electric shower, like this

NO!

You must never stop the flow from this, other than using the controls on the shower.

So unless you just have a really long shower pipe, and keep walking to the bathroom to turn it off and on, then you will need somthing like this to supply instant hot water to your taps.

Toby

And just to also add, boiling the kettle will not be any more expensive than using an instant heater like I suggested, providing you only boil what you need (Give or take an insignificant amount).

Toby...

Reply to
Toby

Cheers for all that. I honestly think I must have dozed off while typing the questions.......maybe a really long and bendy pole with a gripper on the end to switch the shower off? Then again, perhaps not. Thanks for the link, now I know where I'm heading - not the really thicko class I was originally going to either (doh!).

Reply to
Harry