Shower Pump Pipework

Following on from my previous post on the subject I'm a bit closer now to doing the pipework having sorted the electrics this weekend.

I'm just about to fit a new 2.25 bar shower pump to my existing ststem. I am also moving the bath and shower around so I will have chance to re-run some of the pipework which is 15mm.

Ideally I would like to replace this from the pump with 22mm pipe for better flow, but there is a 3 or 4m section which I can't gain access to. Because of this I'm wondering if it will be worth upgrading the pipework I can access to 22mm, or would this be pointless? This would be fairly easy with Hep2o or similar.

So system would then be a short run of 22mm from the HWC to pump, a short section off 22mm before stepping down to 15mm for 3 or 4 metres, and then 4 meters of the new 22mm to the shower/bath valve.

Reply to
Justin

Well as the bottleneck is the pump which is 15mm and probably the showerhead as well, I would have thought 15mm from the pump would be fine. Also, the pump is pushing the water through anyway a relatively short distance.

A complete 22mm shower pump system would probably flatted you against the back wall :-)

Rob.

Reply to
Rob Nicholson