Should the tap on a Clarke Propane regulator do anything?

I have just bought a Clarke (Machine Mart) Propane Torch and found that there is a 'tap' on the regulator which appears to do nothing.

There is a tap on the Calor bottle which I can use to stop the supply and also one on the torch itself. But there is also one on the Regulator which I assumed would shut of the supply to the torch, but it does nothing.

Does anyone else have this kind of regulator? If so, does your tap do anything?

Jon

Reply to
jon.p.weaver

Yes, the tap should open/shut off the supply. I have the paint stripper torch.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Ah well.. Mine is faulty then, as my tap does NOTHING!

I will have to take it back and get a replacement.. Cheers

Jon

Reply to
jon.p.weaver

Does it matter? all said and done if you cant smell the gas and the gun tap switches it off then I wouldn't bother.