Shaving Gel - no thanks

Just back from trying to buy Gillette shaving *foam* from tesco.

Almost all is shaving Gel - which I dislike (too scented and as far as I am concerned - stinks!). I evventually found some foam but is almost twice the price of Gel. Anyway, i just tried that to see. And guess what, this "Sensitive" foam actually stings on application! Now, just what the hell they are putting in these things, I have no idea - But can't say I like any of it.

So I just looked up "making your own shaving soap" on goognet and not only is it inpractical but too time consuming and involves Lye (I read) which is dangerous.

So, just been looking on ebay and see this:-

This is the same stuff I've been using for years. Just about to buy some but wonder if any of you know a High St or retail source for this? I'm not saying this seller is selling "unreal" products but one has to be a bit careful these days. thx

Reply to
mike

Is this the one?

GB

Had a quick look on

and there is one there called "classic shave foam sensitive skin" which looks a similar'ish design to your ebay listing. Perhaps it's a new replacement?

Why not contact them direct? Never know, there may be free samples?

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Don't think you would have problems buying from someone with so much feedback but it does seem to be cheaper in Boots. (Do agree with your preference for foam v gel. The last time I wanted some Tesco had Nivia foam on offer (two for £3 I think) so I bought four.)

Reply to
Peter Johnson

I'm quite happy with Palmolive shaving soap and a brush: Tesco sell both.

Reply to
Kevin

Don't know if they stock it, but Supadrug online deliver any order over £10 free.

Reply to
David Lang

Why bother with some expensive "product"? A good lather up with hand soap is just a good. Perhaps:

Dave Liquorice

Dave Liquorice scribbled

A decent brush and ordinary soap is all it takes.

Reply to
Jonno

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

Can't help, sorry - I gave up on aerosol type junk years ago and used ordinary soap then moved onto shave oil and not looked back. I buy the basic "King of Shaves" brand, but since I only shave twice a week their basic 15ml bottle lasts me months. You really only do need a few drops.

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

I much prefer shave oil as well. Hair conditioner can also work well.

Reply to
mark.bluemel