Ryobi cordless drill

The Li-ion batteries or charger for my Hitachi cordless combi drill have started playing up, so I have started looking for replacements and came across this Ryobi at Homebase:

The price isn't out of line with other suppliers, and it comes with two

2.5Ah batteries rather than 1.3 or 1.5. The only thing that concerns me is that it says the weight is 3.4kg! Unless they mean for the drill, batteries, and charger.

Anyone got one of these? Is it that heavy?

Reply to
Jeff Layman

I expect that is for the whole lot.

I have several Ryobi tools and they are quite good, but when the drill got tired (after a lot of heavy use) I went over to Makita, and that seem to me to be a bit more solidly made than the Ryobi. I'm a bit suspicious of Homebase, and TBH I would wonder if these are significantly better than the cheaper Aldi-Lidl equivalents.

Reply to
newshound

There's a lot of it about (confusion over weights and dimensions).

Often hard to tell if they're referring to the item or the package it comes in.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Don't hammer drills need to be fairly massy, or the person gets hammered instead of the wall!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

My Ryobi combi is quite heavy, its the metal gears and stuff. I have a 45 min charger and five 1.3Ahr batteries so I don't need the extra weight of 2.5Ahr batteries. The chargers that come with the packages vary a lot, from 45 min to 3 hrs depending on the kit.

Reply to
dennis

Why 5 batteries?

Reply to
GB

Two came with the cheap kit but with a crappy 3hr charger. Two came with the better kit with a 45min charger for an extra £5 one came with the strimmer with a 1hr charger.

Reply to
dennis