Ruined my Sheesham Table :(

In a hurry to iron something, popped two thick folded towels on the dark sheesham wood table and ironed the something (cool setting). When I lifted the towel, there are big white marks, but also the lacquer has lifted and it has big rough patches now. I have followed the tip I found on the net for reducing the white marks (hairdryer - but I daren't try the iron and T-shirt tip since it was ironing that did this in the first place!). So basically it looks like I need to rub the table down and revarnish. The question is, the wood is quite dark teak colour, and I think the lacquer has stain in it, so what colour would I need to match it in? Also, since the lacquer lifted so easily, would I be correct in presuming that they used some kind of organic lacquer, and what would you recommend? Thank you for your help, even if it is educated guesses (the table was made in India -reclaimed wood I believe).

Reply to
Maria