Rising damp (or lack of)

On Wednesday 10 July 2013 18:56 The Medway Handyman wrote in uk.d-i-y:

I saw Adam Adamant (Netflix or somewhere) for the first time last year. His companion is called Miss Jones. There's one bit where he's just getting used to the 20th century (he's a Victorian adventurer, frozen by the evil villian) where he says "Miss Jones..." repeatedly. Sounded exactly like Leonard Rossiter, even down the slightly pathetic intonation.

There you - useless observation for today :L

Reply to
Tim Watts

Without the use of any search... Gerald Harper?

Reply to
polygonum

On Wednesday 10 July 2013 19:29 polygonum wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Blue Peter badge for you sir!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Yes - amazing diction. What happened to him?

Reply to
Bob Martin

Capital Radio Radio 2 And, this I did not know, Talksport

Nor did I know he had been in The Dam Busters.

Reply to
polygonum

That's what I thought, there are no signs of it though, and the 'damp' is pretty uniform across the wall to around 1 meter high. Could be coming from next door though I guess.

Reply to
DrLargePants

You might be able to hear the leak at your internal stopcock. I've seen Thames Water listening to their pipes with rods of some kind in the dead of night. Your neighbour should have similar symptoms. If it's a fitted kitchen on his side, he may not even realise he has a problem.

Reply to
stuart noble