Replacing fuses with circuit breakers

Hi

can anybody tell me if I can buy plug-compatible CBs to replace fuses in an old house I have bought? I ask simply to save having to replace the fuse box.

many thanks

Derek

Reply to
derek salkeld

I did this recently with CBs bought from our local B&Q superstore.

Reply to
Ben

Screwfix sell them.

Reply to
Alec

It depends on the make of the fuse box. Wylex certainly do MCBs to replace fuse holders in the boxes they have made for the past few decades. If the box is older than that, the house probably needs a rewire anyway.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Yes, as others have said....

Bear in mind that if you do replace them, the lid which formerly covered and protected the fuses will no longer fit - that may or may not be an issue for you.

David

Reply to
Lobster