Repairing Braun Stick Blender

A while ago there was a discussion about stick blenders.

I noted that ours was not 100% right - and now it has got worse. It seems to cut out around half the time on high speed. That is, whizz-die-whizz-die.

Instead of just buying a replacement, it would be nice to have a go at repair. So far I have measured resistance across the plug pins (around

330 k ohm with a Meterman digital multimeter - regardless of how much I turned the shaft). And looked to see how it might open up, which I can't fathom.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Rod

Angle grinder.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No - that doesn't need repairing.

Oh! But I want to be able to use it again. In the kitchen. For food. :-)

Reply to
Rod

If you take it apart, even destructively, you should be able to save the shaft and blade part, then you can put that in an SDS to normal drill attachment, and use the SDS on the soup!

If you don't already have an SDS, this is the perfect excuse to get one!

You probably have better speed control on the drill too, and for the tough stuff, you can use the roto stop, and use it as a breaker.

Toby...

Reply to
Toby

Well, I've got an SDS. One of those *really* heavy ones from Screwfix several years ago. "better speed control" - I think not. :-) NO speed control beyond on/off. :-(

But what really puts me off is the tendency of grease to dribble out of the chuck. (And I'm not talking Aldi Extra Virgin Olive Oil.)

Reply to
Rod

could always use marge in the sds holder :)

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Sorry - don't touch hydrogenated fats these days. :-)

Reply to
Rod

Its been a while since I've seen that in marge, times have changed.

NT

Reply to
meow2222