Removing worktop caulking

Is there an easy way of removing caulking from around a kitchen worktop? Trimming knife and sharp knife works, but it takes a while to get all the residue off in order to re-caulk.

Maybe there's an easier way that I haven't found?

PoP

Reply to
PoP

If it's silicone, you can get something to remove it chemically - Screwfix do something called Silicone Eater or similar, and I think I've also seen it in B & Q...

-- Colin Swan

Reply to
Colin Swan

Use a sharp wood chisel. Try to keep the 'string' of caulking intact and gently pull it away as you cut through the seal on the worktop/tiles with the chisel. It should leave very little to clean off with a dry thumb, then silicone remover maybe, then meths in preparation for the new caulk. Works for me anyway... BAH

Reply to
BAH