Removing the covers from an HP5850 printer

Has anyone worked out how to get the cover off a 5850? A small piece of plastic (holding a pinch roller) has broken and, if I can get the cover off, I can probably repair it BUT I can't get the cover off **&^!%" I've managed to get into various printers over the years but this one is defeating me.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Dave brought next idea :

HP were quite fond of using tangs in the plastic which clicked into place in pocket. You insert a screwdriver in the pocket to free the tang, then keep the casings pulled apart as you work your way around the rest of them.

Failing that, HP has a user self help forum on their web site.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

angle grinder

Reply to