Re: Water collecting in valley gutter

David wrote:

Two experiences of valleys.
In one cause it sloped teh roght way, and still leaked very badly.
On my new house I have two very fierce valleys - with big slopes - but the issue is the people who leaded it carried the lead way up under the tiles and thatch that abutted it. What may be an issue for uou tho is that they only leaded it ion shor sectioons - about 2 meters, and then overlapped it =- app[erantly long runs camn tear in cold wetaher due to shrinkage.
If you have a tear, or indeed an overlap, on a long FLAT run, standing water is going to seep into the timbers.
8ft is probably on for a single length of lead, and if its been done properly, with no joins and carried well up, its not going to hurt in the slightest, if it has ANY joins or holes though, its asking for trubble.