Re: test 1

A small (Unix related) hint;

charon{huge}139: cd ~/prog/news charon{huge}140: grep test active.dis | wc -l 512

There appear to be at least 512 groups copntaining the word "test". Was there any particular reason you thought that "uk.d-i-y" was one such?

Reply to
Huge

Tried to post a question but it did not appear I noticed almost no posts for

10th April.
Reply to
tom patton

Please do not top post;

?toppost
your OE fixed here;

Huge

In message , tom patton writes

Well as of 23.45 I've got about 300 messages for 10 April, sounds like BY news server is playing silly buggers.

Reply to
chris French

Reply to
tom patton

In message , tom patton writes

It's independent of the connection method.

I'd recommend signing up for a server that works. News.individual.net is no longer free, but at 10 Euro's is still a bargain.

Reply to
chris French