Re: PlateSwitch to Wall Lights

Does anyone know if there is a problem to take the

>non-switched cable through a 2-gang lightswitch

Your problem is then having two different circuits in one box. I can't remember if this is allowed. However, if it is allowed, a warning sticker inside saying that several different circuits use the same accessory may be a good idea. This might prevent someone turning off the lighting circuit and getting fried from the ring main based lighting.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I'm not quite clear what you mean. If you mean having one switch in the two gang from the lighting circuit and one from the 'ring' (after the FCU), then this is ok - it's common to have two or more different circuits in one switch enclosure in hallways.

I'd stick a note inside the box, though. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Never assume a circuit is dead because you *think* you've isolated it. Even in your own house where you *think* you can remember how everything is done.

Reply to
Dave Plowman