Re: New boiler

Page 2 of 2

Go away. You don't say!

"Exactly" is not the meaning.

Are you sure?

How do you know? Do you go boozing with Andy and Geoff?
On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 10:20:12 +0100, "Christian McArdle"

That's certainly worth doing. When I had a similar property many years ago, I did the heat loss calculations and the loss through the walls was enormous.

Another thing that the MAN boiler does if you have a cylinder arrangement is to give the option of a temperature sensor as opposed to a thermostat on the cylinder. It does some clever stuff with this. If the water temperature is dropping at a lowish rate because little amounts are being used, it doesn't react until the temperature has dropped by a number of degrees. However if it notices a high rate of change - e.g. you turned on the bath, then it fires the boiler up. This avoids the overshoots of temperature that happen with thermostats

MHS sell it with their own label (Strata) as well. I'm not sure why this is done. In fact the translation of the manual is better on the MHS site as well.

Hard to say. I also got a 5 year parts and labour warranty which is another factor.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
I have an Isar and have been pleased with it so far. It was cheap enough from Jewsons after doing my best 'trade' impression. The user controls are a bit lightweight, but rarely get touched.

washing machine etc. although our rarely used bath does take a while. For a regular terrace house (like my 1902) it's the right size. One benefit of the Isar(icos) is the relatively small case, they say you can put it in a 400mm w X 285mm d cupboard.

I most certainly would have wanted one if purely for the technical asthetics, mind you I'd quite like a Mercedes. 600 still seems a lot for a boiler so I could not see the payback for anything fancier. The merchants seem keen on selling the Ferroli range, there'a nominal 50% discount at City plumbing, but that means the costs are close to the Isar/Icos. I have an unused standard flue pack for an Icos/Isar as I changed my mind and flued? vertically instead. If you get an Isar you could have this. I could photocopy the installation and servicing guide for you if that would help your research, not sure if it's available as a pdf.

Toby.