Re: New boiler

Page 1 of 2

from
no
is
Once you decide what your system will be then you can phase in the boiler, cylinder etc. Don't just buy a boiler and then think about what you will run off it.

Look at a heat banks, not unvented cylinders.

No problem then, if that is what you want. The existing tank stays. But fit a quick recovery cylinder.
If you went Fortic and a combi, then the existing cold tank can be removed and replaced by the Fortic (assuming enough height in loft), then the airing cupboard is liberated of a space hugging cylinder. Worth thinking about. The Fortic is simple, cheap, space saving and effective, giving a high pressure shower and excellent flow for a bath. There are quick recovery versions of Fortics. See the Range web site. But not cheap.
Indirect combination tank: http://www.bes.ltd.uk/products/n102.asp

me
You can fit the combi in the airing cupboard and just connect onto the existing system, having the shower off the water section of the combi. Immediate problems solved for now, and then update/remove the cylinder or install a heat bank, etc.
You will not know which way to go until you assess the mains pressure. This may be upgradeable, and if old maybe worth your while doing so.
Heat banks reduce boiler efficiency, they run at higher temperatures and therefore restrict condensing.
-- Muddy Paws (remove muddy paws to reply)

performance
do
possiblility
airing
As
free)
This

and
on
It does. Firstly a condensing boiler has a larger heat exchanger than a regular and the efficiencies are v good and very "constant" and predictable. You lack understanding of these devices.

I understand when somebody starts wriggling around when challenged after spouting rubbish.
THat wasn't the comparison as you well know. The comparison was of a condensing boiler connected to a heat bank vs. a condensing boiler connected to radiators each for the purpose of space heating. It was not a comparison between condensing and non-condensing boilers.
Demonstrably, a radiator system can be arranged to allow the boiler to run at much lower temperatures than 54 degrees. A heat bank can't do this and remain useful as an energy store.
In respect of hot water, there is no real advantage vs. a pressurised cylinder, unless 20% less height is really important.
This was all debated at great length, and despite your best efforts at altering the agenda several times on the way, putting up smoke screens and so on, there were no logical conclusions to the contrary. .andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

valve
predictable.
I understand when I see total amateurs when I see them.

By having larger and more expensive radiators with a payback of 6 years or more if the boiler does take advantage of the larger rad sizes. If it does not then 20-25 years.

A heat bank is an energy store.

You don't know what you are talking about.
A DHW only low pressure heat bank has many advantages over a high pressure unvented cylinder. I won't go into why, just take it as gospel.

It was me attempting to educate you, of which I obviously failed.

or
does
No they are not.

Good.
You think you do. Therefore you are.

Certainly did not educate you, as you are as ignorant as ever on this topic.

I've always educated myself through my own research rather than relying on others to provide it. It means that I'm able to obtain a range of views rather than just one when a subject is a matter of opinion, and to check facts at different sources when it is not.
In this area, there are enough sources of trustworthy information that stack up against one another and tell me what I need to know, that fortunately I don't need to rely on single source misinformation.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Those are always the most rewarding.

Are you volunteering?
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

You are slow. "When self taught, you will most probably find you have an idiot for a teacher".

How could I have missed that gem?
Did you learn it from the same person who taught you about logical operators?
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

if ( ANDY_KNOWS _NOTHING_ABOUT_HVAC != "YES") { printf("Andy Should Listen To Those Who Know") }

Don't ever go for a programming job, will you.
1) You have the logic wrong from what I assume you intend
2) If this is an attempt at C programming, it wouldn't compile.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

an
The logic is there. It will not compile as it is only an If statement with the correct values already known.

No, and no, I'm afraid, and I think we should leave it there, since it's a rather fruitless discussion.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

with
Clearly you know nothing about C...or heat banks. Please Kernigan and Richie.

It's Kernighan and Ritchie...........
This example works:
main(argc,argv) int argc; char *argv[]; {
int IMM = argc;
IMM = argc;
if ( IMM == 2 ) printf("IMM is not a professional\n");
}
%cc -o imm imm.c %./imm heating IMM is not a professional %
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Good. Nice to know you have just pulled out the book and read it. That is a refreshing change. The coding is right, but the logic is gobbledygook - garbage in; garbage out. This is where you fall down.

Actually not - just written, compiled and tested - it's a simple program anyway.

I doubt that you would be able to recognise correct coding anyway since you are unable to spell the names of the authors correctly and your initial attempt was so innaccurate.
As to logic, the purpose was served, and I don't think you would recognise it if it stood up and bit you on the nose.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

I am sure you read the book.

It is simple in composition, but silly in its function.

I did an IF sattement only. Note the word IF.

Look up the words logic and common sense.

Yes, in the 80's.

Which is why it wouldn't work on its own.

Exactly.