Re: how do I ensure there is a cold water path to the boilers return

True, but (there's always a but) it also says, as you typed, "but there must always be a cold water path to the boilers return connection" which to me says that there must always be a cold water path to the return on the boilers connection.
It's in the wording (?) What is meant is that there can be feed connections to both the flow and return if you so wish, but there must always be a cold water path to the return on the boilers connection. This would allow you to put a combined feed and vent directly on the boilers flow pipe, but it would have to be before any valves or pumps were fitted to that side of the boiler, but you must install a cold water path to the boilers return connection.
Well I'm more confused now, I don't know about you. :-))
--
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com