Re: bosch pressure washer £89 screwfix

Hello,

> > I don't know if this will help anyone but the Bosch aquatack 115 is > reduced at Screwfix from 139 to 89 gbp, IIRC. > >

> I've read the excellent pressure washer faq, I think written by the > medway handyman.

> Based on the advertised pressure of 115, which I appreciate is > probably the rating of the safety valve not the operating pressure, > the equation in the faq gives a result of 1.2, which falls between ok > and reasonable. I don't know whether the insides are plastic or metal; > does anyone else know? > > Bearing in mind the real pressure is likely to be less than 115 bar in > use, which would make the result nearer to "ok" than "reasonable", is > it that much of a bargain? Or would it be better to get a higher > spec'ed model? > > After reading this line in the faq: "Hire shop machines are going to > be about 2.3, just about the most powerful motor you can run on 230 > volt single phase." I started looking for such a beefy machine, > thinking it would be nice to buy the best I could but they seem to > start at about 300gbp, which is a bit expensive for a once a year > patio clean ;(

Unless you own several cars, caravans and loads of decking and patios, they're not worth buying.

The beefy ones you mention above are about £20 to hire for a day, so for your once a year patio clean, you would have to keep a bought one stored away and in perfect working order for five years to break even, and even then the bought one is a lot less powerful than the hired one

Reply to
Phil L

>I did look at the Bosch web site and it says the pump is metal (but it didn't say which metal). HTH.

Reply to
Stephen

>>> I've read the excellent pressure washer faq, I think written by the >> medway handyman.

Spot on advice Phil.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

But this is uk.diy, we live to buy tools ;)

Reply to
Stephen