Quick question - Celotex joist clips

Just about to install some under floor insulation.

Having read about the joist clips I've started Googling them.

From the pictures, it appears that you are supposed to press them into the top side of the insulation and then rest them on top of the joist before fitting the flooring.

The thing that puzzles me is this seems to be the same as putting regular shims along the top of the joist, effectively raising the flooring a very small amount above the joist where the clip is.

Is this likely to be an issue, or is there enough variation in the top of joists anyway for this not to be a real issue.

Logic suggests that they wouldn't sell the clips if this was an issue, but I'm trying to visualise how a regular bump in the joist would affect the floor.

Especially where the plastic shims are near the joint between two boards. We are going to use 18mm OSB 3 for the flooring We are planning to use non-T&G 2440 * 1220 boards because of the cost penalty of using the smaller T&G boards. So variations close to the join would potentially be visible.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David