Plumbing zone valve Q

I noticed a slight damp patch near hot water cylinder ... it would only be there on rare occasions ... finally found the cause.

There is a vertical 28mm zone valve (220V actuator) on primary loop .... and a slight leak from there.

It is not leaking from either of the compression joints ... so must be coming out via the central ball valve actuator.

It's a Cimberio 28mm valve one of these:

On page 161 (3rd page in) it shows an Oring & gasket kit .......... anybody ever serviced one of these valves in-situ

I'm assuming parts will be available.

Reply to
rick

You're probably better replacing the whole thing. Often there is wear on the shaft & the repair job doesn't work/last very long. It's only a cheapy (made out of brass) which dezincifies.

Reply to
harry

Looks like that is my way forward - manufacturer can't identify the spares even through I quoted their web site & manual.

At least a 'friendly' plumbers merchant had an £85 +vat Honeywell valve he let me have for £25 cash

Reply to
rick