Plasterboard Foam Adhesive

I've used some of this to fix plasterboard to brick:

(link to Insta Stik Expanding Foam Grab Adhesive)

Very good it is too. Would it be suitable for fixing boards around a chimney breast, though? This is in the attic and the flues aren't (and never have been) open, and the only fireplaces likely to be used are 2 floors down, on the ground floor.

Reply to
RJH

Should be OK - it cures with moisture after all. Just make sure it is not s ticking to dust. I find the foam fix adhesive excellent as it saves my back . An advantage is that it is insulating whereas drywall adhesive is not. It s recommended to always use a few mechanical fixings near the top of the bo ard anyway for safety in fires, etc.

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

be aware that Instastik continues to expand for a good hour or so.....

so if you have unequal quantities of insta stik across the plasterboard's area, you will find the plasterboard will either buckle or be no longer vertical/horizontal.

What I do is fit some aquaboard screws through the plasterboard into the blockwork behind it, (so the foam expands sideways instead or batten it using wood strips instead of using insta stik.

Drywall adhesive does not expand like Insta stik does.

Reply to
Stephen

In this heat and humidity (>30C/60%) it seems to do all its doings quite quickly - 3 minutes tacky, 10 minutes seems quite firm.

I'm going quite slowly in any case, so things seem OK so far. It's more other operator errors than Instastick :-)

In fact, I have and am using both, at least until one runs out.

Thanks all for the comments.

Reply to
RJH

Bloody hell! 10 quid a tin??