Permitted development

Once you've extended your house do you still have a permitted development allowance?

ie: extension built ion 1984 and then you decide you want to put a conservatory up. Do you need permission for this?

Reply to
mogga

mogga coughed up some electrons that declared:

IIRC, any extensions to your house after 1948 deduct from permitted development, so if you haven't enough left you may need to apply for PP.

Try

has all the generic rules. I don;t know if an extension built with full PP deducts or not from the permitted debrmitted development?

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

In Browns Britain you need permission to fart.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks - have had a bit of a read - it seems that the conservatory might well be exempt but not it's electrics and any extra opening - they will need approval.

  • No more than half the area of land around the "original house"* would be covered by additions or other buildings. Looks like thats the key - can't be too big, or too hot or too cold or the little pigs will blow the house down. :)
Reply to
mogga

mogga coughed up some electrons that declared:

Careful - you're referring to Building Regs, which is a different thing to Planning Permission. Although you are correct in what you say.

Phone call to your local Planning Office might shed some light on the Permitted Development aspect.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

And you have to pay tax on it too.

Reply to
Mark

Mark coughed up some electrons that declared:

And you need to be a member of the:

National Intestinal and Colon Emissions Inspection Council (NICEIC), or submit 48 hours advance notice of intention to fart to the local council.

As the council don't have anyone trained to measure the noxious content of your emissions, you'll also have to pay a member of the NICEIC to come and inspect it for you, which may involve waiting 3-4 weeks before an approved person is available. You may not progress to the next stage without passing the inspection.

Reply to
Tim S

I should think so. If the banks needed permission we would not be in the situation we are in now.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

And how do they police this policy? Sniffer dogs?

Reply to
mike

Yup - Brown-nosed Blair hounds - but they do baet about the Bush.

Signed,

Obama sin Laden.

Reply to
PeterC