Partition Wall

Hi guys, I need to put up a partition wall between two rooms, the old one that I removed was constructed from two sheets of plasterboard with what I would describe as an egg box construction between them, leaving a gap between the plasterboard sheets of 2 inches. As this is very rigid and worked well I was wondering what it is called so that I might get some to build the new wall. It seems to use 2inch square timbers to locate it top & bottom and between panels, simplicity itself. Any help would be gratefully received. many thanks Peter

the
was
wall.
Paramount boards, which are extensively on new houses on the 1st floor.

This was probably Paramount partition, I think mfd by British Gypsum, which has disappeared now. You can still get honeycomb partitioning for large contracts - e.g Lafarge Panelplus - but it will probably a lot easier as a DIY project (especially if you want to run any cables between the plasterboard) to use a metal or timber stud partition, and pack with Rockwool if you need improved sound insulation.
Peter