Part P certification

I know this has been done to death but, I have just reached the stage where the electrician is ready to test and the builder about to start agitating for his final payment.

What is the actual mechanism of certification? *He does it on line* from the builder. I'll sign it off when I have the gas and electrical certificates from building control.

The safest would appear to be, wait for the BC to say the job is finished or....?

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

If you have got building regs which it sound like you have because you are waiting for a final cert and you are struggling to get the EIC from the electrician simply tell the bco to test it, you have paid the fees it is there job just like Part A B C D... they just hope you will use a Registered person to save them the work.

You don't normally get a certificate for gas just the benchmark.

Reply to
martynduerden

Sparks should issue you with an Electrical Installation Certificate, on paper (unless it's a very high-tech operation) and should also notify the notifiable (Part P) elements of the work to BC through his accrediting body (NICEIC, NAPIT or whoever) which should get you a piece of paper from that body certifying that it's been notified to BC. I think! I'm more familiar with the gas notification mechanism.

Reply to
YAPH

The electrician should deliver an electrical installation certificate with test results entered (completion certificate) to the person who commissioned the work. Therefore the builder or yourself should get one. Obviously if it is the builder you should ask for a copy

Reply to
cynic

Oh!

I got a *building regulations compliance certificate* from the gas safe register folk.

Basically just confirming that they have been notified, who carried out the work and a brief description of the job.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

OK chaps.

I'll see what happens tomorrow.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

That is correct John. About a week after on-line notification the customer gets a letter to say the work has been notified.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Ultimately it seems like you just need a completion certificate for the whole job from the BC department. The details of how they get satisfied that all the parts add up to a whole sounds like the builders responsibility in this case.

Reply to
John Rumm