Over heat Stat Apollo 30/50b

looked around the forum via search so seems this is not a repeat.M

Apollo 30/50b had a new thermocouple and Overheat Thermosta fitted.Where the thermostat screws onto the fitting on the boiler no the coupler one of the two soldered wires comes loose due to the solde melting.I wondering whether a gasket is missing between where th thermostat screws with 2 screws onto it's fitting on the top pipe o the boiler.I've looked all over for a parts manual and a installatio guide to resolve it and have also visited a few central heatin merchants for info but to no avail,can anyone suggest why this ha happened

-- newtoall

Reply to
newtoall

If it really did melt you have a SERIOUS problem with your boiler. Having to ask here indicates you are not sufficiently competent to deal with it yourself and I can only advise you to get a professional in to sort it out. The area in which this is located should never get hot enough to remotely approach the melting point of solder. I would hazard a guess you have a blocked heat exchanger or flue causing flame to lick out under the skirt of the combustion chamber.

I wondering whether a gasket is missing between where the

It needs sorting soon or you may become latetoall

Reply to
John

Thanxs looks like its off to get replacement boiler asap

-- newtoall

Reply to
newtoall