OTish - Woodcarving

Very talented guy:

Richard

dreadful site

Reply to
meow2222

How anybody can design these pages with stupid colour arrangements eludes me, not to mention the rest of the design.

Reply to
F Murtz

Who cares, just look at the photos. The sawmill creek thread is worth the effort.

Reply to
Clive George

What photos? did not get that far, the site put me off.

Reply to
F Murtz

Your loss then. BTW, do you have a website?

Reply to
Richard

On Thursday 16 January 2014 03:47 F Murtz wrote in uk.d-i-y:

It's very 1990's "tripod".

And I hate all sites that have the index page with no info and an "ENTER" button. I already "entered" by typing the URI in the browser!

Reply to
Tim Watts

This one is pretty amazing:

pcb1962

Your loss. The guy isn't a website designer, he's a woodcarver and painter - click a link and find out why people say he's got talent.

Reply to
Clive George

If he designed the website he is a flamboyant smart alec and if not he should get another designer that does not turn people off.

Reply to
F Murtz

You're a marketing man's dream - somebody who truly values style over substance. TBH I'd expected better of somebody who was into DIY.

His website is a bit ugly, sure - but it's not _that_ bad, and it's more than made up for by the content.

Reply to
Clive George

No I am just peed off by people making web sits that are sometimes unreadable by faffing about with colours, his is not extremely bad, But black pages with purple writing or some other colours as some do make it difficult for older people. If they stuck to black on white for writing and colours for pictures they would be much better off. Same with the local rags where some stupid editors make coloured boxes with coloured writing that older people have to take out in the sun with their strongest glasses to read. (in rant mode)

Reply to
F Murtz