OTish, miele vacs

Don't be daft. Electric motors all at 70% or better efficiency. NO room to improve. And as far as sucking air goes, well the principles of air pumps are perry well known, and they are pretty close to optimal.

Maybe there's 20% all round to be had, but that's it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I replaced a 1.5KW motor in a cheap jap vac with a 2KW one. That sure sucked air.

Brillaint thing. Had it for years before all the pipes went and I couldn't get spares to fit.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

None whatsoever. You will just have to spend longer doing the vacuuming ...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Its to make the grid more stable. They are just as bad as having clouds fly over 2kW solar panels. Next thing is reducing kettles to 700W. 8-)

Reply to
dennis

My 1400W Nilfisk and 900W George have very similar performance (eyeballs out sort of thing if you're not careful) but the Nilfisk just blows out a lot more heat. About 20 years ago I saw a demo on a Kirby (sp?). It was compared with a Vax. Cupful of sand spread on a medium-pile rug and worked in. Vax used thoroughly all over then a handkerchief put in the tube to show that no more sand was being moved - most was in the Vax. Kirby used with the 'filter' in the tube and about 10% or so of the sand had still been in the rug. The Vax boasted a 1kW motor; the Kirby was 700W.

Reply to
PeterC

I'll just buy 4 kettles and boil a cup full in each...

Reply to
Tim Watts

After years of bagless crap we got one, it's great.

I spent about a hour and a half stripping and rebuilding it though when my gormless son sucked up a pen.

Might get one for work at that price.

Reply to
R D S

Any clues as to who's selling them at knock-down prices?

Reply to
Roger Mills

for instance.

Theo