OT: What is your favorite mattresse type?

Agreed. My "HFM"(*) detector went off big-time when mine needed replacing.

(* "How F***ing Much?????")

Reply to
Huge

Yes, that was the quote I had. Didn't have £800 though!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Well get another job on the nightshift then! It's not as if you'd be able to sleep anyway... 8-)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Springs easily replaced!

Reply to
m1ss_wh1te

After trying all the various types in a large bed center have ordered a memory foam mattress. Came close to buying a pocket spring / memory foam hybrid but preferred the non-bounciness of all foam.

Must say I was tempted to buy online, but the difference between what seemed to be very similar mattresses was considerable. Opted to buy in-store as I want the correct mattress, not a raffle ;-)

Thanks for all the replies to my OP.

Reply to
Rich

'scuse the crudity, but is this mattress for sleeping on or shaggin on? 'cos different attributes might be required. A bit of bouncy might help the shaggin.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Went through exactly the same thing myself a few weeks ago, and that included visiting all the major retailers for as wide a range as possible. In my case, it was when I tried a 1600 spring bed that I knew immediately that was the one for me. The Foam ones just didn't cut it.

Just had my first night on the new bed. Excellent.

Reply to
The Wanderer

We've recently taken delivery - after MUCH research and deliberation - of a 'memory foam on top of traditional pocket sprung" mattress. We tried , as best one can, many in stores and liked the memory foam feel but some definitely felt very warm in the time you could try them...this one did not. A couple of weeks down the line neither of us are finding it any warmer than our old traditional mattress and do like the much better support it offers. As to its durability............we'll have to wait and see. I think you just have to go for whichever you think and hope! Please reply to group - email address is not monitored Ian

Reply to
Ian