OT pets

Life would be very sterile without pets.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Cleaner, certainly :-)

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

Agreed. Our cat once kept a pet mouse, a kind of Tom and Jerry effect.

Reply to
Davey

A house is not a home without a pet.

Reply to
ARW

Did you see tonight's Still Game (BBC1 , 21.30)?

Featured 'Bible John' and 'Peter Sutcliffe'

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

A cat, certainly.

Not sure the slug I kept in a margarine tub added much to domestic bliss.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Don't know about sterile, but my garden would certainly be less toxic without the local cats.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

here it's the foxes,

Reply to
charles

Yes, but also without wildlife and with the downturn in the number of Hedgehogs, its timely today to ask everyone who is having a bonfire to check for them since this cold snap as they like piles like bonfires and one does not really want to incinerate a hedgehog. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Our cat kept the foxes away. And made less mess.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yup. Dunno who stink more. Even although I like looking at both.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I never did get rid of the slugs in my van.

They are still there.

Reply to
ARW

Talking of which,I went to a pub bonfire/fireworks party last night. Some people had brought dogs with them.

Reply to
harry

Pet ownership and the ability to think rarely go together.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

If the dog is OK with bangs, why not?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Indeed, my daughter's Golden Retriever is fine.

Reply to
charles

It's a dichotomy. Leave the dog alone at home where it will still hear all the bangs, or take it with you so you can comfort it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

+1
Reply to
alan_m

Some dogs don't mind guns and fireworks. I've been firework events where the dogs have taken very little noticed about what is going on.

However a friends dog, a rescue when he was around two years old, has always been petrified of gunshots no matter how far away and anything that sounds of a gunshot, plus fireworks and thunder. This is mainly when out of doors and often immediately calms down when in a car or building even he can still hear it. He takes no notice of the same/similar things from an AV amp when the TV is being watched.

Reply to
alan_m

Unlike my neighbours who left theirs alone at home to bark and howl all night while they went out.

Reply to
Andy Burns