OT: Juncker at a press conference today

It seems that Juncker today rubbished any notion of further renegotiation. So Cameron's idea of pressing for further reforms starting Friday if Remain wins, are off the table.

Now, someone here was talking about "shutting the door and walking away". Perhaps they'd care to comment on who they now think is doing that.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Indeed. Close the door behind you, Junker, you drunken sot.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Listen you first have to figure out who he is batting for or who his expected audience is, as seemingly he says things to suit the occasion, indeed he might have missed his calling he could have been a politician........thud. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Hopefully *we* will be after tomorrow! :-D

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

But given that he is just another politician, why should we believe anything he says, particularly in the unlikely event the leave vote prevails and the EU wasn?t to discourage Britain from actually leaving.

They were never on the table. If the remain vote prevails, that was never going to happen.

The EU isnt doing that, Britain would still be involved in the normal policy decisions and in the EP etc.

Reply to
jjjuu78