OT: A mobile phone question.

Do any of the PAYG networks allow call divert? Ie divert to your landline if the mobile is switched off or not answered after a set number of rings, etc?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'm sure I've done this in the past with PAYG phones. You'd need sufficient credit to cover the cost of the redirected calls.

Reply to
Darran Ames

Presumably that's a bit of a problem thinking on it - although the call could be cut off if it exceeds the balance.

My handset says this is available but when I try it I get 'denied'.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I don't think so, but couldn't your voicemail message inform the caller of your landline number?

Reply to
Graham.

Not really what I want. When I'm indoors I really can't be bothered carrying the mobile around so I'd like any calls to it transferred to my landline - they will be few and mainly work related. I've tried asking those involved to phone my landline first - but these days everyone but me seems to be mobile orientated.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Naw, I have a mobile but when at home it's diverted to a real phone line= . Two reasons, first the mobile is very unreliable down stairs so I have t= o dash to the front bedroom to have half a chance of the call not dropping= out or being able to hold a sensible converstaion. The second is I detes= t the voice quality and delay that accompanies mobile calls.

My phone is contract, =A315/month inc 30 mins voice calls and VAT. Being= contract I can just make calls, should I need to, without having to worr= y about having enough credit. Looking through the bills it appears the cos= t of the divert comes out of my inclusive minutes as well so is effectivel= y free.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Sounds like you need something like a 07000 'follow me' number e.g.

Darran Ames

Thing is I use my mobile very little - and don't want a new one frequently. PAYG costs me less than 50 quid a year.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)