Oil on Driveway

Does anyone know how to get rid of engine oil stains on tarmac driveways? The oil seems to burn away the tar. Is there anything to paint on the tar, or wash it out, or the likes of?
thanks
just give it a good wash with soapy water

timegoesby wrote:

Gunk or other engine cleaner works well for me. Although if the oil has de-natured the tarmac then removing it won't repair the surface.

Catlitter is also quite good at removing a spillage.

I remember knocking over 4litres of used oil onto my dads drive. He wasn't happy, but after getting the majority of it up with paper, Gunk sorted the rest. Although I don't know if Gunk will cut through tarmac... test in small area first methinks.